Jerusaldm Vistas / IsraelVision

We Would Love to Hear From You ~ Please Email Us With Your Comments..... jvistas@gmail.com
Please Visit Us Often..... israelvisiontv.blogspot.com ~ israelvision.com ~ stillsmallvoice.tv

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Stranger in My Own Land~Oh My!

Many blogs from Scandinavia bring the world to our desks. Recently I found a reference to the below article in a Danish Blog, Snaphanen. It was written by a Christian woman married to an Anglican Priest. The full article is at:...Standpoint Magazine, Mole Special: A Stranger in My Own Land, January / February 2011. This is not something unique to any one country--this is happening all over the free world. Do read it--and pay attention...

I have just returned to London, where I have lived since I was 11. I have been away for four years, living as an ethnic minority in a mono-cultural part of the world, amassing a host of stories to tell to disbelieving friends. On the whole, I am glad to return. I shan’t miss some locals’ assumptions that, being a white woman, if I was outside after dark, as I occasionally was, usually to walk the few metres between my house and the church, I must be a prostitute eager to give them a blow job. I shan’t miss the abuse my priest husband received: the daubing of “Dirty white dogs” in red paint on the church door, the barrage of stones thrown at him by children shouting “Satan”. He was called a “f***ing white bastard” more than once, though, notably, never when in a cassock. I will also not miss the way our garden acted as the local rubbish dump, with items ranging from duvets and TV sets, to rats (dead or twitching) glued to cardboard strips, a popular local method of vermin control to stem the large numbers of them which scuttled between the rubbish piled in gardens and on pavements. Yes, I am very glad to have left Britain’s second city. For four years, we lived in inner-city Birmingham, in what has been a police no-go area for 20 years [...]

To a London reader, born and bred with multiculturalism, I know that my stories may come across as outlandish and exaggerated, and that I must surely be a BNP voter --I have observed people’s expressions as they have listened to my tales of life in Brum. When I recently told a friend how a large Taliban flag fluttered gaily on a house near St Andrew’s football stadium for some months, her cry of “Can’t you tell the police?” made me reflect how far many of our inner cities have been abandoned by our key workers: our doctors and nurses drive in from afar, the police, as mentioned before, have shut down their stations and never venture in unless in extremie instances--they and ambulance crews have been known to be attacked---even the local Imam lives in a leafier area...

No comments: