MK Danny Danon told Arutz Sheva that he will be the Knesset member heading the committee of inquiry into ultra-leftist groups' sources of funding. The Israeli parliament recently voted to establish this committee to look into the funding for the groups who are acting against the state of Israel
MK Danon is optimistic: "I hope we can stop these groups, which received 40 million shekels from the European Union in the last five years alone... We will try to discover the truth and in the end we will recommend changes in legislation as well."
For years there has been a fifth column operating from within Israel. They work against the state and have been (filmed) on more than one occasion instigating riots and attacks against Israelis while claiming to be pro-peace. Among the organizations and persons Danon intends to invite to the committee, he lists:
- B'tselem--director, Jessica Montel
- The Center for Defense of the Individual--director, Dalia Kirstein
- Yesh Din--director, Roi Maor
- Ir Amim--director, Yehudit Oppenheimer
- The Public Committee against Torture in Israel--director, Yishai Blanc
- Adallah--director, Mahmoud Yazbek
- Peace Now--director, Yariv Oppenheimer
- Gisha--director, Kenneth Mann
- Association for Civil Rights ion Israel - President, Sami Michael
- Mousawa--Anwar Jamal, Tariq Bashir, Jafer Farah; as well as
- Breaking the Silence, Machsom Watch, The Israeli Committee against Home Demolitions and the Center for Alternative Information.
Hooray--It is about time!